We Buy Animation Production Art
Interested in Selling? We are Always Looking to Buy and Consign Original Animation Production Art! You have come to the right place to sell one or a thousand pieces of production Art!
If Not Now, When? We are Always Looking to Buy and Consign Art!
Our recent sales are nearly double that of our sales from this time last year when the economy was robust. This is a great time to sell animation art as demand is up, the market is hot, and collectors are extremely active and spending their money with us.
As most of us are at home these days, online sales have been up and Animation sales are among the items that are selling now more than ever these days. Why?
"It just makes me happy," wrote a client who recently purchased artwork from us.
We frequently work with private people who are looking to sell their collections or estates whether large or small.
We specialize in Vintage Disney Production Art as well as original comic strips by Charles Schulz.
We have brought in over 3000 pieces in the last two years from private parties, and placed the majority of them with our clients. Wonderful World of Animation has been the 'go to' destination for animation art collectors since 1993 for our selection of quality animation art. There are many reasons why you can feel comfortable in your choice to work with us to sell your art.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Courvoisier Cels
All Disney Courvoisier Cels including Pinocchio, Fantasia, Song of the South, and Bambi as well as Vintage Shorts like Ferdinand, and Brave Little Tailor!
We are interested in this type of Animation Artwork as well:
Disney - original vintage animation art (pre-1974)
Disney - original vintage comic strips
Peanuts - original comic strips (no newspaper cut-outs please!)
Peanuts - original vintage animation art (pre-1970s)
Warner - original vintage animation art (pre-1970)
Hanna - original vintage animation art (pre-1970)
Gertie the Dinosaur - original production drawings
Original Nightmare Before Christmas Production Art
Chuck Jones - Original Oil and Watercolor Paintings
Chuck Jones - Original Grinch Production Art (1966)
Simpsons - original art
Yellow Submarine - original vintage art
Batman - Excellent original BTAS production cels and master backgrounds
Dr Seuss - Sold Out sculptures and lithographs
Any Large Collection (100+ Pieces)
Please do not send us:
Any limited editions (except Simpsons)
Any film reels
Any lithographs (except Dr Seuss)
We regret that due to the huge amount of emails we receive with art for sale, we can only reply to those that fit the categories of interest.
Please follow the below instructions when submitting your art to be evaluated or your submission may get lost or not accepted. Due to the huge number of submissions we get on a daily basis, we truly appreciate your cooperation!
1. Email us about your piece.
2. Make sure your email contains a detailed description of your piece- condition, size, where purchased, etc.
3. You must include an image for us to consider your piece. Please attach a jpg image of your art in the email. We only need to see one full shot of your piece and any credentials that provide a history and can help authenticate your piece.
4. Please make sure that the images are under 300k each. Emails which may be too large to reach us and may be stopped by our server. There should be options in your photo program that let you resize images for email purposes. Sizes under 5 inches by 5 inches and DPI at 72 DPI are ideal. Getting your images to us in the correct format will greatly speed up our replying to you on a timely basis.
5. As the Wonderful World of Animation, we devote ourselves to offering your art to our clients in the best possible light and we work hard on your behalf to sell your art for you. We ask that before you send us any art for sale, you are representing that this art is currently not being offered for sale elsewhere- another gallery, on the internet, or on any other venue.
Email us your Art for Sale!
If you need assistance, we have a friendly staff that would be happy to help.
Please call us at 310-836-4992.
1. Our 5000 square foot physical gallery is located in Culver City (Los Angeles) and we have the number one animation website in the world.
2. Our dominating web presence means your art will be seen by thousands of visitors daily. You found us easily, so do the collectors!
3. Our constantly updated inventory of over 6,000 pieces has collectors checking our site daily for new additions.
4. We invite you to watch our site- multiple pieces are sold off of this site every day.
5. We have been featured in many periodicals including In Touch, OK! (UK version), The Hollywood Reporter, LA Times and more...
6. Animation art exclusively from our gallery was named one of the Top Ten Gifts by the Beverly Hills Chamber of Commerce in 2003.
7. The owner of the gallery was interviewed on CBS Nightly News as an animation art expert in February 2005.
8. We have over 100 consignors currently selling their art through us, and our clientele consists of many prominent animation collectors and celebrities from around the world.
9. Our gallery is open Tuesday-Saturday from 11 a.m.- 5 p.m. (PST), and our enthusiastic staff is here to professionally represent your artwork.
10. We have been in business since 1993 and continue to sell artwork to clients around the world!
Here is what some of our consignors have to say about us:
"It's been a pleasure working with you. You and your organization are top-flight professionals."
-K.J. of Fort Collins, Colorado
"I just wanted to express my appreciation for all of your help and assistance this year with helping me sell my artwork. I feel very comfortable dealing with you and I really do appreciate your kindness and cheerfulness and ready help."
-T.S. of Collingswood, New Jersey
"Thank you so much! You have been so good to me through this whole process and I am very appreciative. You have been wonderful to work with.I will happily recommend you to anyone who might have need of your services."
-D.W. of Redlands, California
"I am always pleased when I encounter someone who is truly professional and wanted to let you know that I appreciate the timeliness of your response and the quality of your communications. I am impressed by your professionalism."
-S.S. of San Diego, California